(as of Apr 12,2021 07:38:01 UTC – Details)
Traditional Indian cuisine comes to your very modern Instant Pot®.
Discover how simple and delicious traditional Indian cuisine can be. The Indian Instant Pot Cookbook offers fast and easy takes on classic Indian dishes―all designed to be cooked in your electric pressure cooker.
Whether you’re new to Indian food or looking to experiment at home, The Indian Instant Pot Cookbook keeps things simple with limited-ingredient, quick-fix recipes for everything from Basmati Pulao to Chicken Tikka Masala. Learn how to properly use your Instant Pot, stock up essential spices, substitute ingredients, and more.
The Indian Instant Pot Cookbook includes:
- 50 authentic recipes―Bring a wide array of Indian flavors to your table with Marathi Kadhi (tangy yogurt soup), Murgh Makhani (butter chicken), Masala Chai (spiced tea), and more.
- Indian cuisine made easy―This Instant Pot cookbook shows you how to speed up your cooking with simple recipes that don’t sacrifice flavor, plus lists of must-have ingredients and equipment.
- Expert guidance―Get tips and tricks designed to help you clean, maintain, and get the most out of your electric pressure cooker with this Instant Pot cookbook.
Who needs restaurants? Let the Indian Instant Pot Cookbook show you how to start making delicious curries and more at home.
From the Publisher
One of many delicious recipes: Gajar Halva
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Sauté: 4 minutes | Manual: 10 minutes high pressure | Release: Natural | Total Time: 50 minutes
This popular carrot dessert is usually made with khoya, which is milk solids with all the water evaporated away. But making khoya takes all day and requires standing over it and stirring so the milk doesn’t burn. This much simpler version involves pressure-cooking to separate the milk, and creating milk solids quickly that get mixed back into the halva to re-create the traditional taste without the all-day labor. Grind the cashews to powder in a clean spice grinder before you get started to make it all come together quickly.
1. Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Sauté and adjust to More for high heat. When hot, add the ghee and heat until it shimmers. Add the whole cashews and raisins and cook them until cashews are golden, about 4 minutes.
2. Add the carrots, milk, sugar, and ground cashews. Stir to combine.
3. Lock the lid into place. Select Manual and adjust the pressure to High. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. When cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally. Unlock and open the lid.
5. The mixture will look curdled. Stir well, mashing the carrots together. Select Sauté and cook, stirring, for a few minutes to thicken.
6. Turn the pot off. Stir in the cardamom and let the mixture rest for 10 minutes to thicken up. Garnish with pistachios. Eat hot, cold, or at room temperature.
2 tablespoons ghee
2 tablespoons raw cashews (plus 2 tablespoons ground cashews to thicken the milk)
2 tablespoons raisins
2 cups shredded carrots
1 cup whole milk
1⁄4 cup sugar or other sweetener
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
Chopped pistachios, for garnish