Yes, it’s a brand-new, completely updated 4th edition.
Since we first launched the Precision Nutrition Certification, we’ve been the definitive source of nutrition education for health and fitness professionals who want to catapult their careers and make a difference in people’s lives. Yet we’re never satisfied with yesterday’s success.
Nutrition science is dynamic, new discoveries are made almost daily. And that’s just on the research side. As we continue to coach our own clients (over 100,000 and counting), we’re discovering new methods of helping them achieve real, lasting behavior change.
As we train and certify health and fitness professionals (nearly 100,000 and counting), we’re also uncovering the best ways to help our Certification students learn, retain, and apply the material.
That’s why we’ve spent the better part of this year re-envisioning and redesigning the program from the ground up.
Here’s what’s new…
New “skills, practice, and action” framework
It’s one thing to read and retain information. It’s an entirely different thing to actually apply what you’re learning and start getting results right away.
This was our focus in this 4th edition: To teach you the theory and to help you practice what you’re learning, so that you can start getting life-changing results with your clients from Day One of the program.
We’ve designed the entire curriculum in a way that helps you immediately apply your new knowledge.
- Practice-based approach. Along with reading the textbooks, watching the videos, and answering your workbook questions, you’ll also get the opportunity to practice what you’re learning throughout the entire program. By the end, your nutrition coaching skills will be second nature to you.
- Step-by-step learning process, for immediate results. You can read a chapter in the morning, and use what you learned in your afternoon sessions.
- Active learning tools. From case studies, to “try it now” exercises, to your own “Learner’s Manual,” we’ll give you all the tools you need to use what you’re learning in the real world, right away.
Newly updated 4th edition of the Precision Nutrition
Level 1 Certification
This latest version of the program is more valuable and practical than ever. Inside you’ll find:
- 3 unit textbooks, beautifully packaged in a box set—to give you everything you need to know about nutrition, behavior-change psychology, and coaching practice (click here to download the table of contents). Plus, it’s easy to carry from your house, to the car, to the gym, so you can study anywhere!
- 20 animated instructional video seminars, to help you better understand each chapter (check out a sample video below).
- Workbook and study guide, with exercises and thought experiments to help prepare you for the end-of-chapter exams.
- Real-world case studies, drawn from our work with over 100,000 clients, to help you practice and retain the powerful new concepts you’re learning.
As promised, here’s “What is a great coach?”—which supplements Chapter 3 of the text. (Remember, every chapter has a video like this, to go along with the text.)
With the Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification, you’ll learn nutrition coaching the right way, from the company that Nike, Equinox, Titleist, and professional athletes worldwide turn to for advice and expertise.
Now, more than ever, our certification is guaranteed to give you a one-of-a-kind education experience—plus the knowledge and confidence to coach nutrition with anyone who comes to you for help.
That’s why top organizations like this come to us for help:
And companies like:
And major media outlets like:
Extremely successful launch of ProCoach
In addition to releasing the 4th edition of our Certification materials, we’ve also launched ProCoach. This cutting-edge nutrition coaching software allows Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certification students and grads to use our proven methods with the people they coach in an easy and scalable way.
We knew our system was in high demand, but the response to ProCoach—and the results health and fitness professionals are already seeing with their clients—far exceeded our expectations. Once you begin the Level 1 Certification program, ProCoach will be available to you and the people you help, too.
The PN Method validated in scientific journals
The Precision Nutrition method, which drives our Certification and ProCoach programs, was recently validated in 3 peer-reviewed studies. This means that the system you’ll learn in the Level 1 program is truly “evidence-based.” In fact, we’re the only nutrition certification company in the world that successfully coaches real clients every single day.
Having tested it with over 100,000 clients, we know our system is highly effective at helping people lose fat, build strength, and make big health improvements. Now the medical and scientific communities know it too.
Community of like-minded people + top experts
As a PN Level 1 student, you’ll get instant access to our private Facebook community. Now you’ll be able to learn alongside an extremely supportive group of over 40,000 coaches, physicians, trainers, nutritionists, researchers, therapists, yoga teachers, and other health and fitness professionals from all over the world.
You’ll also get daily access to some of our revered expert coaches like Brian St. Pierre, MS, RD, Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon, Adam Feit, PhD(c), Dr. Helen Kollias, Kate Solovieva, MA Pscyh, and more.
As part of the Precision Nutrition Certification community you can: Ask questions. Get feedback and advice. Nerd out on all things fitness, nutrition, and health.